Sunday, May 27, 2012
Taiwan working experience

I think I was lucky to work for this company.. colleagues are really nice and friendly
 people, just my boss is a bit hot-tempered guy. He was surprised I cannot speak 
Chinese when I first came to company and gave me an ultimatum to learn to speak 
and listen in 4 months. It shocked me, however.. it’s ok coz this was an one of the 
reasons I decided to come back to Taiwan.
I used to be an exchange student of VSB-Technical university of Ostrava and 
traveled to Taiwan thanks to cooperation program between this uni and Taiwanese 
NCKU. I spent in Taiwan one year, my major was international business. 
I liked Taiwan very much (I also found a boyfriend here) and since I was leaving, 
I wanted to return. I was lucky I must say.. Basically, without  speaking fluent 
Chinese it’s extremely difficult to find a job here other than teaching English. 
After months of struggling, AIESEC helped me to find a company with location 
and job description which suits me. While being in my home country, I had an 
interview with key people from company and.. they liked me. 
I started to work on 16th of Febr. as a sales and marketing trainee. My current 
job at work is preparation for trade fair TIOS (Taiwanese International Orchid Show) 
where we will present our company and meet potential clients.
What is “my job” here? I’m marketing and sales assistant. My duty is to respond 
to customers emails and communicate with them, meeting the clients showing them 
company’s greenhouse, attend exhibitions and shows and later perhaps some 
online-marketing as well.So, how I feel here? Comfortable, however if I can 
speak Chinese, it would be perfect..:) Searching for the right Chinese 
teacher is not that easy. Everyone here however “behaves” 
like the Chinese would be the world easiest language.

Taiwan Int. Orchid Show 2012


My stay in Taiwan is enjoyable so far! If you have any question or want to add some 
comments. The company, where I work is a breeder, hybridizer and orchids’ seller. 
They own several greenhouses with a thousand of really beautiful flowers of many 
colors. Owner Mr. Wu, my boss is a passionate breeder with 25 years’ experience.
Still, it’s a new company. 




Orchids Phalaenopsis


Taiwan is a tiny island on the East side from China. Taiwanese culture is mixture of 
aboriginal Polynesian tribes and mainland Chinese. They speak Mandarin Chinese, 
using traditional(more complicated) characters. English is spread among young people, 
but older generation speaks mostly Japanese and Taiwanese.
Japanese used to be a first foreign language, but English is more and more popular. 
Many, especially young people are fans of Japanese culture and Korean pop and drama 
culture. Taiwan is mostly known for its computer brands such as ASUS, Acer or HTC. 
Taiwanese people work hard and long hours. Even though gov’ policy restricts it, only 
few companies follow it – I’m lucky to work in one of those.   And how are Taiwanese 
people like? 
They are extremely polite, indirect, friendly, humble and.. honest, rarely they will offense 
you and if they do so, it is not intentionally.


My stay in Taiwan is enjoyable so far! If you have any question or want to add some 
comments, feel free to do so. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;